Friday, February 13, 2009

you can do it!

I don't think I've cheered so passionately for one thing in my life (no not even as a Red Pepper:) only the sikeston people will get that). That one thing being Christian.
Push. . .Pick your leg up... . up up up.. . . be a big boy. . . where's your eyes. . . come on, come towards ma ma --that's what I repeat for 2 and half hours. But I know that it helps him. We joke that Christian is probably thinking "oh shut up don't you think i would pick my foot up if i could!" I never considered myself 'cheerleading material' but I'm officially a mom cheerleader just minus the short skirt.hahaha

WEll i had some pics and video from today's therapy but my memory card has malfunctioned and i can't get the pics off. Christian worked hard on standing, sitting, walking, and all fours (hands and knees) and seems to be more vocal today. He's also rolling a lot more on the floor.

As far as the seizure monitor-he's only had 2 today!!! Praise God! I say seizure monitor because we are constantly keeping track and writing them down. That seems to be the question of the day between eric and I. We know that Christian could do so much more if he didn't have these stinky seizures. He's just happier in general when he only has 2 compared to 7.

THANK YOU all so much for your prayers, emails, encouraging words, comments on blog--you don't know how much they all help on a day to day basis. You are all a big part of this therapy session even though you are not physically here. I'm overwhelmed with the generosity and thoughtfulness from all of you!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! Eric did good and brought flowers yesterday when he came up!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should start wearing your red pepper sweater to PT. That might do it.
Kerry

Tara said...

And I know Tiffany has some pom poms to go with your sweater....you'll have to ask for them Monday! Keep it up...your a great mom!! Praying for amazing things for C's last week!

Anonymous said...

Christain looks fantastic. Love the artwork picture. I had to look twice at the picture of him on his hands and knees with a smile on his face. Awesome walking Christain. I can't wait to see you guys again. Susan

Anonymous said...

OH - maybe your Mom still has one of her old cheerleader uniforms! LOL - Yep only a "family member" would know that bit of trivia.....