Thursday, February 5, 2009

Better Day at PT

**May want to turn the sound down on the videos?

Head up and elbows under you!





Yes, he's actually smiling during therapy!


Yesterday we took the day off due to Christian being sick but today we were back to work. He had a great day at physical therapy. He worked on the "horse", stomach time propped on elbows, sitting, standing, sit to stand, and walking! whew! what a workout. Christian did much better than he did monday and tuesday. Tiffany (his therapist) adjusted his routine to accomodate his vision problems and sensory overload. We discovered that he would do a lot and do it with a smile sometimes if he is on the big swing soooo he did everything but walking on the swing.

He did the best he's ever done in his walker--he took 12 STEPS in a row with no facilitation from the therapist! I was so proud of him. He didn't even cry. He was like whatever, let's go walking.

Afterwards he had 1 dive. PaPa came in with us and gave me a break and held Christian. Unfortunatly he's had 6 big seizures today so keep praying for those to go away!

Also I was able to take a break during Christian's nap and go to Target. O I love me some target browsing- every isle-lookin at everything! Can I get an Amen from all my ladies!

Keep up the prayers-God's doing great things!


4 comments:

sarah jones said...

Robyn -
I love the pics at the top! I am glad he's doing better. I want one of the robot horses. I'm sure their cheap :)

Have a great weekend.

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Amen to Target. I think you show do that yellow suit for Halloween next year. Kerry

Tara said...

So glad today was better for the BOTH of you!! Hang in there....it is hard work. That was wonderful you got to take some time to yourself. Make sure you do that everytime you get a chance. I know you don't want to miss anything. Oh...their is a really great Target over in KS I can tell you about!!! I'll see you MOnday!

Anonymous said...

Robyn-Christain looks wonderful. I expect Eric to build those swings and horse so we can us them at your house!.You know I give a big amen to Target. Take care-Susan