Monday, February 9, 2009

Beautiful Monday









I'm going walking!
I walked for 15 minutes.



I have lots of video and pics. Christian did a great job at physical therapy. His sitting up and neck/head control has improved greatly. We are trying to get him to use his arms or even one to prop himself up. It's hard to get him to keep his head up since when can't motivate him by using his sight. We try to use noise and our voices of encouragement. A couple of the videos are short because I thought I was taking a picture-whoops!


Christian did not have any seizures during therapy (but 2 earlier in the morning)which is great because he can work longer. Today he worked for 2 hours and 10 minutes! And not really any crying. He's such a big boy. He seems to be enjoying moving and doing activities. Proud Mama.

The video of him on his hands and knees needs a little explanation. The things on his arms help him to keep them straight. He really does not like this position but tolerated it today.
On the walking video she is following his foot with her hand to make sure it stays straight.
*His top and bottom don't match because of the leakage during hyperbarics. Daddy loved that seeing as he was holding him:)


I'm trying to lift my head and stay on hands and knees. This is very hard.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good walking!! He's looks very proud to be doing it too!
Kerry

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you Christian! You are working so hard buddy!
Lisa & girls

Anonymous said...

I love the bunkin' bronco video! Good job Christian!

Shan

Anonymous said...

WOW!

I love the steps and she's only helping to maintain his foot position! So how did she bribe him to do quadraped without screaming his head off? (I'm jealous) - but very proud of you Christian! See you next week.
Oh and I placed a call to the fashion police on that brown and gray outfit :)

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Robyn, thanks for keeping us updated on Christian, Looks like he is doing pretty good. You all are in our thoughts and Prayers, We love you........ You are truly blessed, Christian has #1 Parents. Love, Sheila Bell Grantham