Monday, April 25, 2011

Goodbye Sikeston , Hello Ozark




Well our time at Kenny Rogers Child Center has come to an end. I can't believe how fast time flies. It seems like Christian always takes off that last week. It makes me want to stay another week. Going away on trips like this is sometimes nice for me (the mom) because it allows me to just focus on one aspect of Christian's disability. Obviously we were working on his gross motor skills (standing, walking)-along with strengthening the legs and trunk. What people don't realize sometime is that I basically keep 8 different people up to speed on Christian and all of his "happenings" on a weekly basis. Three therapist outside of school, four therapist at school, and his teacher (doctors if they apply to the situation). When something significant happens that would affect working with Christian I have to let all of them know. So I sometimes feel like I'm reporting to a lot of people. I need a secretary. I'm not complaining ( love all of the people who help Christian on a weekly basis) because I know it is very necessary but sometimes it's nice to not juggle several different parts of Christian at once. This is hard to explain unless you have a child who requires assistance from multiple people for every aspect of their existence.








After 3 weeks:



-Christian gained more independent standing and pushing back up to stand when wanting to sit.


-Improvement in walking


-Increased weight in leg lifts


-Configured his walkers to appropriately work for him. (this changes often with his likes/dislikes and changing abilities)


-I was able to learn new activities to enhance his standing and walking.


-Increased endurance in different standing positions


-Found out he loves and is able to ride an adaptive tricycle





THANK YOU


We feel like we can never thank you enough for being part of getting Christian to this type of therapy. Many many people gave of their time, energy, ideas, love, money, prayers, and multiple other talents to allow us to take Christian to a top notch facility! Please know that we are so appreciative and that you have taken part in helping Christian get the most out of life!!! Mom and Dad thanks for helping us for 3 weeks ! I couldn't do it without you! Brandy Dallas, your heart, knowledge, and never ending ideas and energy are what make you a fantastic physical therapist! Thank you for all that you put in to working with Christian. There's no challenge you can't figure out! I am in awe of you ability to think outside the box and never quit attitufe to help Christian. He will miss your smooches:)





Love ya all,


Robyn, Eric, Christian, and Bryant

No comments: