Friday, April 8, 2011

tgif says mom and christian!

I was so proud of Christian today and how hard he worked! Yesterday he seemed very tired so we gave his legs a rest last night and worked on more of his speech goals and sitting/propping on arms. I think the rest helped because today he was back to working hard. -he was much quicker with his weight lifting. (this could also be that he has figured out what his pt is wanting him to do) -sit to stands and standing at his table was less prompting from us and more of just him doing the work on his own (i.e.--when he would start to fall a little to one side he would correct himself) -walking went well today. he made it all the way around the gym. the goal is more laps around the gym with more steps initiated by Christian. Today I held his right hand as he walked. I like to think he did so well because he was walking with momma:) We also used a stick for him to hold on to with his right which was higher than his handle attachment. When he has to reach higher he keeps his upper chest up straighter (good for walking:) Daddy's here! I have to get video of Christian next time Eric comes after being gone for a week. Let's just say Christian was ecstatic, most smiling he's done all week, full of laughing, and talking! I mean where's the love for momma? I'm glad he gets so excited to see daddy! I hope some downtime over the weekend is helpful for the second week of activities!

No comments: