Sunday, July 21, 2013

day 17..improvements..trying to get the video up

This is our last weekend up here. We are here a total of 3 weeks...that's 33 dives. I wish we could do 40-50 but that's more money and more time away. The rest of the family came up for 4 days. It was so good to all be together. Although sleeping 5 in a hotel room is a little tricky when the 1 yr old still wakes up crying at least once a night. We made it though. We also snuck in a little fun time too!

I am posting a video of Christian walking. I will explain the differences in what I've seen since we have been here. Of course these are most obvious to me because I'm the only one who helps him with his walking. I will explain the best that I can.

Before coming:
1. His legs would scissor (meaning cross over each other) with every other step. So I would need to move it back over in correct alignment so he could take his next step.

2. When he would take a step I would usually need to help him complete the step...meaning get the foot he just stepped with all the way thru. Sometimes he would take a "complete" step on his own but usually it was 2 out of 10 steps.

3. I hold his right hand so that he doesn't continue to focus on grabbing his shirt or putting his hand in his mouth. This leads to not focusing on walking. He tends to fight me a lot on holding his right hand.

 
Now :
1. He can take5-6 steps without crossing over. When he does crossover it's not as far over. This is awesome because I don't have to move his leg every step. You will see him crossover a couple of times in video.
 
2. He is initiating and following thru on about 80 percent of steps. I rarely have to help it on thru. Usually just the right leg. You will see me do this a couple of times in the video. I use my foot to help his on thru.
 
3. He doesn't fight me as much with holding his right hand. You will notice that sometimes I can just support his chest and not hold hands. I typically swich around my support while we are walking. He bears all of the weight on his own. I'm not holding him up. It's hard for others to tell in the video. Also it looks like he's leaning forward but he's not.
 
He is also walking further..we walk in and out of the chamber..to the outside door. It is about 50 ft. Oh and I had mentioned in an earlier post that his left arm is not as stiff or drawn up. This is usually worse when he walks because he's working so hard. It has gotten better! You can see in the video that it bent but not drawn up to his chest.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

The Lundgrens said...

Awesome Christian!!! Loved the video. :))