Monday, November 16, 2009

just my thoughts

As we've been here doing therapy I've found myself thinking in my head "man if Christian could just see he would probably be able to do so much more". Of course, we learn most of what we know by using our vision. Most of our motivation is what we can see-crawl towards the toy, walk towards mommy, see the food -pick it up , see me move my mouth to talk and copy that. . .
I usually don't get hung up on his lack of vision and the role it plays in his life but for some reason this last week it has been on my mind more. Christian does a great job of using his ears and hands to tell him different things and somewhat motivate himself. I am still amazed at what he can do and will be able to do even with lack of vision. The thing that struck me last night was that last January when we were in Kansas City doing therapy and Christian was having 5 to 7 grand mal seizures a day I said to myself "man if Christian just didn't have seizures he could do so much more". Hmmm and today Christian has been grand mal seizure free for 6 months. It's like God reminded me of what He's already done and what He will do. I'm reminded that nothing is impossible for God-not brain damage, not seizures and certainly not cortical blindness! I anticipate every tomorrow and what it holds!

videos and pics on the previous posts.

1 comment:

The Parks Fam said...

And so my friend, that is where our prayers will go. Just as Ethan and I have been praying for the seizures to go away completely, we will be praying even more for a miracle in his sight! I'm hoping in a few more months you are posting about how God has healed him from this too! Much love.