Saturday, June 6, 2009

these boots are made for walkin. . .


I wanted to get these videos of Christian on here because this is some of the best walking he has done. I'm mostly using my hands to keep his feet from "scissoring" when he walks. His inner thigh muscles are very tight and this is just part of his brain damage problem (if i may put it so bluntly). I think they described it as his brain not sending the message to tell his muscle to relax. They like to just contract all the time which makes his legs criss cross when he walks. This is also known as having "high tone" in the cerebral palsy world.


More great news is that Christian's small "bouncy" seizures that he usually has in the morning and after nap time have pretty much gone away. It's truly amazing! I always wondered what the day might feel like that he had no seizures meaning no big ones or bouncies. I pray that we never see any of those again. Although after meeting 2 other parents in the chamber who have no diagnosis for why their children are disabled, I find it a relief to at least have an answer to that question.

Thank you
I just want to thank all of you again who have had any part in our fundraising and praying to get us here to this point in our lives. Just know that you are a part of Christian's progress and every step he takes on his own or day of no seizures. The Best is Yet to Come~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How incredible!! He's such an amazing kid! So happy for your new blessed freedom from seizures!! God always comes through!
Lisa

Tara said...

FABULOUS!! I never knew that room and so much space! That is so great about his seizures. New suprises around every corner! Can't wait to see you guys! Keep up the hard work, mom!

Springfield, MO said...

That was awesome to see!!! I can't wait to see you guys. Love, Heather

Abi' K. said...

YEA!!!! Way to go little buddy!!!