Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Last Post from Kansas City

Megan was being bad in this pic and giving me bunny ears. we are no longer on speaking terms:) i forgive you megan. THis is the hyperbaric chamber we were in for about 1 and half hours a day.
Man 4 weeks seemed to fly by this time while we were up here for hyperbaric oxygen therapy. This time it was much different for us for several reasons. The main reason is of course the fact that Christian has been seizure free (except for a couple of seizures) for 5 weeks. Before coming up here his "big seizures" stopped and he was still having his little bouncy seizures (as we call them) and last saturday he stopped having those.
Since Christian was 7 months old I always wondered what it would be like to hold my son and have him not bounce and jerk and eventually curl in to a tight rigid ball and have a seizure. Now I know! Everyday I thank God for this gift. I wish that I could convey to all of you just how much of a miracle and gift this is to Eric and I.

It's like we are no longer walking under the black cloud of seizures everyday. I never realized how much of a stress it was until now because I realize how stress free our days are not having seizures. Eric and I would constantly look in on Christian if he was out of sight or look in the rearview mirror-in case he would have one. We planned everything-public outings, therapy, appointments, eating,- around his seizures. We knew just by his sounds he would make or lack there of if he were having one -even without seeing him. It became second nature to us. Our life is so different now without him having seizures.

We hope to bring Christian here at least once a year. We will be having our Dodging to Make a Difference Dodgeball Tournament again in September or October to raise money for the next round of treatments. Look for more dates and info later.

Changes I've noticed since the past 2 treatments of hyperbarics:
-no seizures
-left arm has loosened up and is moving more
-more verbal
-more responsive to talking
-taking more steps in his walker
-stays on all 4's longer
-head and trunk control is way better
-looking and turning to the left side
-chewing better
-balance while standing is better

THANK YOU HYPERBARIC HEALING INSTITUTE
I just wanted to say thanks to the owners and staff at HHI and Beyond Therapy. Owners David and Lisa Deister, staff Megan M. and PT Tiffany--you guys are the best!!! Thanks for giving us a place to bring Christian to get this kind of treatment. You are all 1 in a million.

1 comment:

Abi' K. said...

Thank you Jesus. Our God is a faithful one..You continue to amaze me Robyn. Press on my friend and and know we are thrilled for your family.--abs