Thursday, October 30, 2008

Surprise

Man I can't believe what has happened since I last blogged. I've been so busy with fundraising that I haven't been at a computer in awhile. Many of you have and haven't heard about my exciting and surprising weekend at our churches women's conference Oct. 16. Sorry I'm excited to share the story with all of you!

James River Women started a "Be a Gift Foundation"this year. I was nominated and chosen as a recipient for this(along with another lady). I had no clue but behind the scenes work had been going on with my mom and friends since august I believe. Sooo Friday of the conference Debbie Lindell was closing up her sermon and started talking about this and said "these women have no clue what is about to happen . . ) and i'm thinking wow those women are going to be shocked. Well then my name was called and I was thinking I have to go on stage and i'm not dressed cute. I was completely shocked. So right then and there we were wisked away in a limo to a day of pampering. Starbucks, A Valerie Bas Salon for cut, color, and make up, lunch served at the salon, then a shopping spree at Dillards. That was a lot of fun and they picked out trendy clothes-no khakis, plain blue, or solid shirts for me. Then we had supper at Nakato's! yummy. So we arrived back at the conference all dolled up and ready for some powerful preachin!

We were told that on Sat we would come on stage and talk about our day. Ok no problem. Oh little did we know there were more suprises. So I come out (of course doing my model walk) and sit on the couch and here comes Eric and Christian. I"m of course crying. So they precede to tell us about a 4 night get away in Branson, SDC tickets, spending money!. I was so shocked! 4 nights and no mommy duties! And then they bring out new luggage! Ohh too much. Then Debbie starts talking about how they found out about us raising money to send Christian to KC for treatment. And they bring out a big check to cover his treatment! I'm of course crying!

God is so faithful! The neat thing is that I was chosen before we even decided about KC. God knew all along. We are so blessed to have Christian's first round of treatments covered and we are even more excited to continue on with the dodgeball tournament and use those funds for a 2nd trip this summer. It was always our hope to be able to continue the treatment and now God has made that possible. The tournament had already been in the works so we are still doing that.

Thank you all for your support, prayers, and donations! You are making a difference in our lives and especially Christian's life. I can't wait to see what the future holds!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have already heard this story once and it still makes me cry. God is good.

Sarah

Unknown said...

WOW, I also heard this story from Sharon, but reading it again, is just so powerful. God does some amazing things. He knows what we need when we need them. he truly does provide, He will open one door just as we need it to be opened. He is sooo great. God Bless all of you, keep your faith in God, and we will all continue to pray for you here on campus of WBC.

The Lundgrens said...

What a great story!!! I've read several of your posts and could have commented on so many of them.
Truly can't thank you enough for calling me today. It had been a rough morning and God knew I needed to talk to you this afternoon!
I look forward to meeting you in person and "journey-ing" (is that a word?!) with you. :)
I attended James River for about 5 years after college. Great church!! We're Evangel University grads. My husband and I attend Evangel Temple now.
Anyway, so great to "meet" you!