Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hotel Life

I'm excited about hotel life for the moment. Ask me in 2-3 weeks and i'm sure I will have a different answer. The staff is great-very nice and accomodating. Many families that come up here for treatment stay here.
My favorite things about hotel life are:
-No housework thus leaving room for blogging, reading, watching tv during Big C's nap time!
-Not having to launder towels or bedding.
- Cable (TLC and HGTV!) (we do not have cable at home, don't feel sorry for us, we same $ and actually talk at night).
- Breakfast already fixed every morning and random strangers to eat with:)

I feel kinda mysterious, like I"m a world traveler, buisnesswoman, or stewardess staying in a hotel. . . But then I change a poopy diaper and put Christian's leg braces on and remember why i'm here but a girl can dream can't she?

It's very cold here and has snowed a little on and off so that was pretty. We start hyperbaric treatments tomorrow at 9:30 and then we will move on to doing that twice a day on tue or wed.
Christian is doing great! He took a couple of steps on his own in his walker last night and today has only had 2 seizures. You're all thinking-2seizures??!! only!! well for him that's really good sometimes he has 7 a day. So we thank God for the hours without them!

Well I'll leave you with a video of our room and Christian in his stroller.


3 comments:

The Ferber Family said...

that's a nice hotel room you've got there! glad you get to be a lady of leisure for at least a little while each day :o) hopefully this trip will be refreshing for you as well as helpful for Christian! what a nice side benefit :o)

Tara said...

See you are settling in and getting acquainted with others there. 9:30s not so bad. Glad to see you have seen the perks of KC. Enjoy the snow as we are now getting ICE!!! Can't wait for the next post!

Ashley said...

Girl after my own heart. I love hotel life! I love being able to use Ellie's nap time to just sit and read or watch tv and have no guilt because...what else am I supposed to be doing?? I pray that you see some results (however large or small) with these treatments!