Thursday, February 23, 2012

last day

Well we are almost done here in Sikeston. I have to say this has been one of the more stressful intensives we've done due to the fact that we were "starting over" with Christian's body as far as standing and walking and I have a 1 year old and 14 wks pregnant...needless to say that adds a little more to the plate. I would also say this has been one of the more umm rewarding (i guess that's the word) visits. I saw Christian go from the first week of barely standing to this last week of totally pushing up and standing and walking. He and Brandy have worked so hard. I am very proud of him! He still has a ways to go but at least now I'm not worried that he may never get it figured out.

I don't know what I would do without the opportunity to come here and have Christian participate in this intense physical therapy. It makes a world of difference. The pt is able to get a real look at him over the 3 hours a day/3 week session. It also gives her time to see what needs to be worked on and try out different equipment, braces, and techniques to get him doing what he needs to do. I am glad that we got the baclofin pump and are on our way back to better walking.

VIDEOS -these are from these last couple of days work.

THANK YOU- to my mom,dad, granny for all of your help with Bryant, laundry, meals, your house and much more!!!! To everyone who participated in the Dodging to make a Difference Tournament! This fundraiser makes it possible for us to come to this!! My husband who has to miss us for 3 weeks except for visits on the weekends! All who have been praying for Christians' health and progress!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job Christian. You are so tough and so is your mom.