Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Scars

So I had mostly dreaded this whole surgery process months and weeks before the actual day. Chrisitian has never had surgery so we haven't had to deal with the cutting open, healing process. And on top of that having a pump put in which is a foreign object in your body. So of course all of those things are so unknown. My biggest hang up was the fact that we would be putting 2 scars on his body. I think it makes me feel so bad because he will never look like he does prior to this. Instead of a scar fee stomach and back, there will be 2 obvious scars there. I'm not knew to the scar world, I have several from childhood accidents. It's just different when you are deciding to do something to your child that will leave scars. I find it odd that this was my biggest "dislike" of doing this. And once again God has used this. So as I was pondering on this scar thing last week I was reminded that God also had to watch his Son receive scars and keep them. Of course Jesus's scars are for a whole different reason but still it reminds me that God does feel what we feel sometimes as parents. It was like God saying "i know Robyn, I know". I'm so thankful for the scars that Jesus wears for my sins...

Time and time again I am reminded that He knows and is with me and is never leaving! I know that these scars are temporary on this earth and hopefully in the end those scars will be a minor thing compared to the good things the pump is going to do for Christian. After all, aren't scars supposed to make guys look tough:) He certainly is a tough one!

3 comments:

Debi Baker said...

Robyn, scars have always been part of life with our daughter Bethany. The multiple heart, kidney, liver & tumor surgeries were never our choice or plan. But, they were pieces of a beautiful puzzle being put together by a perfect & majestic God. Sometimes, when we look at the puzzle through our natural eyes we tend to focus on "the scars"...all God focuses on is His plan & purpose being fulfilled for the BIG PICTURE! How great are His works~Debi Baker

Anonymous said...

Even now Christian is a witness for what God did for us because He loves us all so much. Even now because you, Christians mother, declares the glory of God!

Jennie said...

This is an awesome story Robyn! You have a beautiful heart and your life and everything you guys go through is a total testimony of how God works in your life!