Sunday, May 9, 2010

happy mother's day

" I"m working hard Miss Brandy"


During this week Brandy was really trying to see what Christian needs the most work on. She will be focusing on stretching out his inner thigh muscles and getting him to really use both legs at different times when walking. Hard to explain but he will be doing a lot of walking, standing, and sitting while propping or pushing up with his arms. The idea is to get him doing more by himself or with less assistance.





HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY


I always thought I'd be a mother one day. You know change diapers, run in the park, tell your child no. . . all the typical mother things. I never thought I would be the mom of a child with special needs. I don't think anyone ever anticipates that your child will be anything but healthy and typical development. I must admit that at times it is extremely challenging and sad. But I can honestly say that those times are very few. I am more overwhelmed and thankful for the smile that Christian has all day and his ability to work harder than I (as an adult) could ever imagine. Like I always say it's just a different way of parenting. Thank you Christian for making me a mom!!! I luv you for all times!


2 comments:

The Parks Fam said...

That is absolutely wonderful to read. My friend, you and sweet Christian are an inspiration.

Tara said...

He looks terrific and so TALL!! Wonderfully said to, Happy Belated Mother's Day to you!!