Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Blessings


I am reminded how incredibly blessed I am from the day to day happenings of my life. I'm thankful for everyday that Christian does not have seizures. I have not forgotten the long days of watching him have them, him falling asleep for hours, or bouncing constantly from the little ones. I don't want to take for granted each day that he is free of what I just mentioned. I remember to thank God when he falls asleep peacefully just because he's tired from the days activities. I'm thankful that he has been able to endure long sessions of therapy that are making an incredible difference in his quality of life. Before he was not able to do that. I feel freedom in the ability to take him here and there and not be interrupted by a seizure in public. Eric, Christian and I have experienced what it's like to have joy filled normal family outings this summer. We never had that until now and we cherish it. Thank you all for contributing to that through your prayers, time, and energy. Hug your kids tight and don't forget all of your blessings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your big smile Christian. I am so proud of you and thank God everyday for what he has done and is doing in your life. MAMA

Ashley said...

It is amazing to think what God can accomplish through Christian, but I love seeing what He is accomplishing through you! I know others read this that need encouragement. Still others read it that need to be reminded to stop and count the blessings they do have. You are amazing to be able to share your journey and to do it through the lens of eternity.