Thursday, July 16, 2009

This is what I've learned. . .


Watching your child stuggle
on any level
in any situation
at any age
no matter their abilities or disabilities
male or female
is physical heartache for any parent.

But watching them
rise above,
conquer,
take the high road,
and smile at the end of the stuggle is what makes us proud!

Just my thought for today that I learned months ago but hadn't shared:
When I couldn't possibly watch Christian have one more seizure (when they were everyday, all day). I realized that although my pain was great in having to watch my child suffer--God knew that pain because he watched his Son be crucified, mocked on the cross. So parents take heart that He knows what you're feeling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Fatty told me about this site! With our hectic schedules its so hard to keep in touch! I am currently sitting in the hotel lobby in KC at 6:30 am getting ready to fly to Florida! Just seeing this is going to make my day that much better! We all need to get togeter soon!
love you guys.

Kevin and Jody

Anonymous said...

So very well put daughter. He's collecting every tear to water the garden He's developing with such care. Mom